CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

The White Bread THEORY

Not a great day, but nothing to damaging. I didn't exercise at all today, by design. I know "rest days" are supposed to be built in to any exercise plan, which is great, but boy was I cranky today. Not good. So, I think on my "rest days" I will try to do 20 min. of yoga on the Wii Fit and/or a 30 minute EASY walk or bike ride. Though I am shocked all my vacuuming and floor scrubbing didn't reach the level of real exercise. Hmmph!

Also, we took my daughter to an Italian place for dinner. I started out very well - I looked up the menu before we got there and knew what options might work for me. I did have to ask the waitress about pizza with no cheese but did draw the line on asking if pasta removal was possible from various dishes. I really don't want to be an obnoxious eater, but I don't want to blow it either. So I got the BBQ Chicken Pizza sans mozzarella. It was actually very good.

However, the sneaky "oh, I'll just have one piece" bread on the table got me. White bread to boot, dipped in olive oil, of course. It was good, but honestly, not that good. At home I do eat bread but it's always the best whole wheat I can find. I prefer it. But, tonight's baguette got me. In the past I have trained myself to view any white bread as a pile of table sugar, which it virtually is.

So, with that said - THEORY TIME -maybe my lack of endorphin stimulation, from my lack of exercise led me to view the white bread as a sugar fix to get those little neurons firing. I like that theory. You'll learn I'm quite attached to all my half baked theories. :) Fortunately I did not consume the same level of bread that would equal a cardio/nautilus workout. So, I got that goin' for me.

Tomorrow back to the pool and hopefully a bike ride. C'mon summer weather - for real this time!

0 comments: