CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Good, The Bad and the Jelly Beans

So, good news, I got my laptop back. And better news, I finished a week of my Year. One week down - 51 to go! I did pretty well too. Down 4 pounds, walked 10 miles and did well with my food plan. I also rode my bike about 5 miles and did water aerobics 3 days. All very good. But today....well, today was hard.

Just yesterday it crossed my mind, "This whole eating thing just isn't that hard. Why do I make it such a big deal - it's as simple as eating only what is good for you and not to much of it, what could be easier than that?" Even as I was thinking it, the other side of my brain was just rolling it' s eyes and thinking, "yeah, simple, easy, sure...just you wait."

Of course I did not have to wait long. Today came and from the time I woke up, nothing was easy. Isn't it strange how that happens? Eating right, working out can truly feel so natural. And it should be the easy option. But it seems so fragile. It just takes one glitch, or no glitch at all to just de-rail everything.

Today I rode my bike with my daughter on "Ride to School" day, and had a light nautilus workout. Good Stuff. However, I (unfortunately) spent the rest of the day wondering what I could eat, what I shouldn't eat, what I'd really like to eat and where to get it, what was in the back of my pantry that might be good, what would it hurt...and on, and on. Grrrr...

And actually I did not do to badly. I had 2 extra pieces of garlic bread and some jelly beans, (found in the back of the pantry). Not great, but certainly not the end of the world. The main thing was the amount of time and the amount of anxiety caused by obsessing over these ridiculous questions.

Once again, my menus are key and I really need to stock up on some snacks that can get me over these inevitable humps. Anything that can stop my food obsessing and prevent this, "ug, I just ate a buncha' junk" feeling will be a good thing. So, tomorrow will be a day to come up with some great snacks and do the weekend menus.

Now I know this year won't be "easy," (frankly, easy is a lot of what got me to this weight), but one of my goals is to learn and implement more and more so I can avoid as much "hard" as possible.

0 comments: