CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Nobody Trips Over Mountains"

I've been thinking a lot about perseverance today. I found this quote:

Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. ~Author Unknown

Pebbles seem to come in all forms: brownies, cookies, laziness, self-doubt, procrastination, brownies... The one I've been up against this week is impatience. I said to my husband, "OK, I've been doing this new lifestyle thing since February, I'm done, I should be skinny now." Sound familiar? Me too.

The truth is, I have been doing very well. My eating plan is working, my exercise is going better than I expected and my weight goals are being met. Apparently I still need to take the huge step of internalizing that this is permanent. And it has to be if I'm going to get over the mountain that is my weight. I'll get there - and now I know where I'm aiming. Woo Hoo!

0 comments: