CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Perils of Planning

Happy Belated Mother's Day! I survived the weekend including Mother's Day Brunch and am more relieved than happy. Unfortunately, I was so focused on the weekend I haven't made a plan for this week - and it shows.

Honestly, it should not be that hard for me to come up with menus for a week, or even dinners for a week. I do fine with breakfast and lunch - it is snacks and dinners that hang me up every time. Take tonight as a for instance...It is past 6p.m. and I have fretted all day over what to have for dinner. Why? I have no idea AND I have nothing planned, I'm sure I'll go to the local grocery store and get a rotisserie chicken. My only solace is that I'm pretty late and they may be gone. I guess I am not the only 'surprised' by the fact that dinnertime comes once everyday.

By the way. This is why I do "Tomorrow's Menu" instead of "Today's." Ever since I got married and realized, popcorn, in some circles, is not a main course, the dinner thing has plagued me. And I whine about it - mainly to myself - my favorite rant goes - "3 meals a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month = 84 meals, how can I be expected to do that!?!" And on, and on...

So, tonight, I will make my menus for the week AND schedule a time to make menus every week along with when I will shop for the groceries. What a concept, I know - but I'm getting there. I do know myself well enough to know I do follow a schedule like a soldier, ONCE I get it done. So that is my mission for this evening - after my chicken!

0 comments: