CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recording - Not Music, I Promise :)

One thing I have learned about myself is, the best, (only?), way I get things accomplished is through careful recording. A second is that, I am really bad at careful recording, but I LOVE the concept - and oh, those office supplies! I am a great planner too, but it is that act of recording that drives results. I have been successful at this for job hunts, special events, work projects, housekeeping and personal finance, but weight, well, not so much.

I love the WW food journal and do lose when I follow those "points" to the letter and record it. I do not do so well with the program because I used to be able to tell you exactly how many chocolate chip cookies would fulfill my daily points value. Not good for long term weight loss or long term health. Plus, I would just think about those cookies constantly. So for this go around, I am taking a different approach.

I am really trying to adjust my mindset, and it is working pretty well so far. The adjustment is to see the decision -"I am NOT going to eat the, (fill in the junk food of choice)", as the reward. The "Yay Me!" moment if you will. This is instead of focusing on the "Poor Me..." of, "I guess I don't get to eat the cookie."

I believe the experts might call this a paradigm shift, but it seems to be working - and by working I mean it's easier to forgo the things that just do not fit into my goals. So - "Yay Me!"

0 comments: